Senior Legal Counsel
Supermercato24 is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel for its headquarter in Milan. Reporting to the CFO & COO, the candidate will provide legal counselling to the whole company and lead a wide range of legal topics (company law, labour law, 231, Privacy, GDPR, legal risks). She/he will structure, draft and negotiate sophisticated agreements, ensure regulatory compliance, analyze contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential issues. She/he will also work as main interface with external law firms and consultants.
Who we are
- Supermercato24 was founded in 2014 and got multiple startup awards.
- It is now a multimillion well funded startup with top Italian investors such as Fondo Italiano d’Investimento, 360 Capital Partners, Innogest, DIP and Endeavor, which means the medium-term security of investments and network combined with freedom, power, responsibility and zero bureaucracy.
- We aim at making grocery shopping online easy, fast and convenient.
- We want to empower everyone with avant-garde technology and doing things that were deemed impossible until few moments ago.
- We want to change the world and give back all the time and efforts that everyone now spends in picking, queuing and delivering his own groceries at home.
- We want to do this to allow people to spend their time on what really matters: life.
- If you are entrepreneurial and ambitious, you should look no further and apply now!
What you will do
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and agreements with customers, suppliers, commercial partners and other third parties, preparing templates and keeping updated records and files;
- Lead and provide training to the business units on legal topics and best practices;
- Advice on company law, labour law, privacy/GDPR and 231, identifying risks and creating win-win solutions to mitigate them;
- Ensure Compliance with the existing legislation and stay abreast of legal developments in Italy, EU and globally that might affect the company (thus, implementing them into S24 practices);
- Regular internal audit of company’s procedures and policies;
- Assist with corporate governance matters for domestic and international subsidiaries;
- Engage and manage external law firms and consultants in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Why you should join us now
- Opportunity to create something from scratch that can change the life of millions of people and potentially build up your own team going forward.
- Employee discount for your grocery shopping on Supermercato24.
- One/two days per week remote.
- Free coffee, fresh fruit and happy-hours.
- Talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you.
- Challenge the rest of the team at table tennis!
- You got a degree in Law;
- You developed at least a 7-10 years experience in similar roles in a law firm or TMT/Logistic company/start up/scale up;
- Your written and oral communication skills are excellent both in Italian and English;
- You have a strong legal and business judgment;
- You are a problem solver, with the aptitude to break down issues and find well-fitting solutions;
- You can work under time constraints and adapt to a constantly changing environment;
- You know how to define and change priorities;
- You want to embrace a high level challenge, working closely with the top management to build and shape the legal framework of our company.
- Italian and/or foreign bar admission;
- Legal experience in Corporate Finance (such as mergers & acquisitions).