Local Operations Manager Italy
For our headquarter in Milan, we are looking for a Local Operations Manager Italy.
Reporting to the Head of Operations Italy, you will manage a team of 11 Area Managers. Working closely with them, you will identify and solve local supply inefficiencies, coordinate new launches and geographical expansion, monitor daily, weekly and monthly KPIs about each region's performance and contribute to cross-functional projects with other Departments.
For this role, you need to be a solid people manager, able to drive and inspire people, leading their professional growth and business results. A quantitative and data-driven mindset is also required.
Who we are
- Supermercato24 was founded in 2014 and got multiple startup awards.
- Today we are a multimillion well-funded scale-up with top Italian investors such as Fondo Italiano d’Investimento, 360 Capital Partners, Innogest, DIP and Endeavor, which means the medium-term security of investments and network combined with freedom, power, responsibility and zero bureaucracy.
- We want to change the world and give back all the time and efforts that everyone now spends in picking, queuing and delivering his own groceries at home.
- We want to do this to allow people to spend their time on what really matters: life.
- Our fast-growing international team is located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona) and Poland (in a beautiful coworking space in Warsaw) and has more than 14 different nationalities.
- If you are entrepreneurial and ambitious, you should look no further and apply at once to join us!
What you will do
- Set-up scalable processes for monitoring financials and execution KPIs on a local level;
- Identification and resolution of inefficiencies from in-store phase to orders delivery phase;
- Monitoring overall shopper base KPIs in terms of proper allocation according to need and forecast implementing actions to maintain excellent coverage;
- Supporting other departments (Business Development, Marketing, Product) with central projects implementation on a local level basis;
- Operations settings for new launches and geographical expansion;
- Main bridge between headquarter and local FTE, directly managing a team of 11 Area Managers.
Why you should join us now
- Opportunity to create something from scratch that can change the life of millions of people and potentially build up your own team going forward.
- One/two days per week remote.
- Discount for your grocery shopping on Supermercato24.
- Free coffee, fresh fruit and happy-hours.
- Talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you.
- Challenge the rest of the team at table tennis!
- You have a Master of Science in a technical or quantitative discipline (i.e. business, economics, engineering etc);
- You got 4 years of experience in a tech company (operations role), consulting, investment banking/corporate finance, business development;
- You are a quick learner, with a very hands-on attitude, outstanding analytical skills and ability to think with a "scalable/growth" mindset and pay attention to details;
- You are able to handle uncertainty and simplify complexity and can build up reports and deep numbers contextualization;
- You developed strong people management experience and ability to simultaneously being both people and data-driven
- You are fluent in English and high-proficient with Excel.