International Expansion Associate
We are looking for outstanding International Expansion Associates who will help us to expand our operations in Europe.
The successful candidate will be part of a small, but highly strategic team that is in charge of Supermercato24 International Expansion and Corporate Development activities.
We are one of the fastest-growing scale-up in Italy and one of the leading e-grocery players at the European level. In 2019, we opened our second market, officially becoming an international player, and now we are on track to become the leading platform in Europe, with an ambitious expansion plan for the upcoming years.
Who we are
- Supermercato24 was founded in 2014 and got multiple startup awards.
- It is now a multimillion well-funded startup with top Italian investors such as Fondo Italiano d’Investimento, 360 Capital Partner, Innogest, DIP and Endeavor, which means the medium-term security of investments and network combined with freedom, power, responsibility and zero bureaucracy.
- We aim at making grocery shopping online easy, fast and convenient.
- We want to empower everyone with avant-garde technology and doing things that were deemed impossible until a few moments ago.
- We want to change the world and give back all the time and efforts that everyone now spends in picking, queuing and delivering his own groceries at home.
- We want to do this to allow people to spend their time on what really matters: life.
- If you are analytical and ambitious, you should look no further and apply now!
What you will do:
- Full ownership of the country’s launch;
- Market entry analysis and go-to-market strategy validation (develop and constantly refine internal market knowledge both on-demand and supply-side);
- Project Management and execution of expansion activities coordinating different internal and external stakeholders (Operations, Product, Finance and Legal) at the HQ and local level;
- Set-up scalable local processes (fleet, shopper support, customer service) and get temporary ownership (3-6 months post-launch) of country’s operations and potential offline marketing initiatives;
- Support in recruiting and training local teams to pave the road to success and lead by example by being incredibly truth-seeking and setting the high standards;
- Build, scale, maintain and communicate detailed reporting models aiming to assist expansion efforts and make data-driven decisions.
Why you should join us now
- Opportunity to create something from scratch that can change the life of millions of people and potentially build up your own team going forward.
- Salary and bonus very adaptable on the basis of experience and results.
- One/two days per week remote.
- Discount for your grocery shopping on Supermercato24.
- Free coffee, fresh fruit and happy-hours.
- Talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you.
- Challenge the rest of the team at table tennis!
- Master of Science in a technical or quantitative discipline (i.e. business, economics, engineering etc);
- 3-6 years of experience in a tech company (operations role), consulting, investment banking/corporate finance;
- Quick learning ability, very hands-on attitude, outstanding analytical skills and ability to think with a “scalable/growth” mindset, attention to details;
- Able to handle uncertainty and simplify complexity;
- Be an owner mindset: you are committed to growing Supermercato24 in every new city and digging deep to solve bottlenecks;
- Passionate for providing excellent research and recommendations and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written;
- International mindset;
- Very good knowledge of Excel;
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in tech fast-growing companies;
- Experience in cross-functional projects and/or launch of new products/business;
- Working or studying experiences in different countries;
- Knowledge of BI tools like Domo/Tableau preferred;
- Italian language is a plus.