International Expansion Analyst - Stage
Supermercato24 is looking for a talented and ambitious candidate to join the team in its brand new office in Milan for a 6 months internship.
The successful candidate will be part of a small, but highly strategic team that is in charge of the International Expansion and the Corporate Development (e.g. M&A, Fundraising, etc.) activities of Supermercato24.
The Company is one of the fastest growing startups in Italy and one of the leading e-grocery players at the European level. In 2019, Supermercato24 opened its second market, officially becoming an international player, and is now on track to become the leading platform in Europe, with an ambitious expansion plan for the upcoming years.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to make a strong impact, by helping us define our strategy, and to explore all the aspects of our business, by working closely with all the other departments.
Who we are
- Supermercato24 was founded in 2014 and got multiple startup awards.
- It is now a multimillion well funded startup with top Italian investors such as Fondo Italiano d’Investimento, Endeavor, Innogest, DIP and 360 Capital Partner, which means the medium-term security of investments and network combined with freedom, power, responsibility and zero bureaucracy.
- We aim at making grocery shopping online easy, fast and convenient.
- We want to empower everyone with avant-garde technology and doing things that were deemed impossible until few moments ago.
- We want to change the world and give back all the time and efforts that everyone now spends in picking, queuing and delivering his own groceries at home.
- We want to do this to allow people to spend their time on what really matters: life.
- If you are analytical and ambitious, you should look no further and apply now!
What you will do
Your core activities will include:
- Support the International Expansion team in making strategic decisions about the next countries to be launched by performing quantitative and qualitative analysis and research;
- Analyze the competitive environment in the e-grocery sector at the global level and extract useful insights about different markets by looking at the leading local players;
- Work closely with the team to identify and define the required steps to adapt our Processes and Product before the launch of a new country;
- Ad-hoc analysis and support whenever needed in relation to fundraising and M&A activities.
Why you should join us now
- Opportunity to create something from scratch that can change the life of millions of people and potentially build up your own team going forward.
- Employee discount for your grocery shopping on Supermercato24.
- One/two days per week remote.
- Free coffee, fresh fruit and happy-hours.
- Talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you.
- Challenge the rest of the team at table tennis!
- BA/MS degree in finance, business, economics, engineering or related quantitative field;
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to details and exceptional organizational skills;
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Proven capacity to work as a team member and to prioritize workload;
- Willingness to act in the best interest of the customers;
- Fluency in English is mandatory